How might we create a simple, flexible and efficient way to track and analyse our workout progress?
MYGYM – Mobile app concept
Gain control over your workout progress, build, track, analyse and learn. Raise your game.
I’ve been working out for 10 years now, very often I’d use notepad to track my weight and strength progression, however, to analyse it further I had to insert all the data into software that will create charts and diagrams.
1.2 Defining the problem
Carrying a notepad, taking notes in the gym, and later migrating all the data for analysis into an app is not user friendly. There are many fitness tracking apps out there, however, a lot of them offer a lot of not essential features or are targeted to not advanced gym-goers.
1.3 The Solution
I created a list of requirements which will guide me through creating the main task flow.
As a user I should be able to:
- Build workout plans, workout templates, calendar
- Record with voice commands or tapping each workout session, exercises, number of sets, number of repetitions, weights, break lengths, heart rate, time.
- Flexibly record the sessions so that the workout can change in spare of the moment (for instance, one of the stations is taken, and you have to do an alternative exercise)
- Review your progress in time.
- Share your progress with friends.
Task flow / Low fidelity wireframe
I created main task flow which covers all core functionalities.